Saturday, October 8, 2011

Replay - Sonic the Hedgehog 06

In celebration of the "True Blue's" birthday, I thought about replaying 2k6, not only to refresh myself. But gain a better understanding why so many dislike its finished input.

1) Glitches = There are plenty, but they can be overcome with enough patience.
But it doesn't break the game for me, which I never felt like it made the game unplayable.
Its what reminds me of Tomb Raider, it just needed more polish. Yet it is as awesome experience.

2) Music = Quite possibly the most ethereal soundtracks within the entire series
After playing through Sonic's chapter, I have been listening to a variety of stage BGM's.
Honestly I never listened to the music through headphones before. Wow.

3) How it ends = Every character holds their own, even in the final segment.
Actually I think 2k6 got this strange "time" ball rolling. And here we are again in 2011, revisiting the "time" aspect. With a variety of game titles using it as a gameplay mechanism all over again.

Just felt like writing after a crazy week. My mom was in the hospital due to a drug reaction for pain beta blockers. Thankfully she is doing way better and @ home. ^_^

No comments: